On July 30 and 31, six teams will face off in the first international baseball competition in Bryan.
BRYAN, Texas – The Babe Ruth All-Star Australian baseball team will join five other local teams in the Amarillo National Bank (ANB) Summer Slam tournament on Saturday 30 and Sunday 31 July.
Players born before May 1, 2012 and May 1, 2009 or later will be eligible to participate. Additionally, players who are in their sixth year are also eligible unless they turn 14 before August 1.
The tournament will take place at Travis Fields at Midtown Park starting at 9:30 a.m. Six games will be played on the first day and five games will be played on the second day.
Participating teams include:
- Houston Warriors
- Buzz Lightning Baseball Academy
- Southern belt .45s
- X/Elite Factor
- Banditos Baseball Club
- Cal Ripken Australia All-Stars (Australian Wave)
The schedule for Saturday July 30 will be:
- 9:30 a.m. Field 1: Banditos vs Aussie Wave
- 9:30 a.m. Field 2: X/Factor Elite vs. Southbelt .45s
- 11:30 a.m. Field 1: BLBA Stone vs. Banditos
- 11:30 a.m. Field 2: Houston Warriors vs. X/Factor Elite
- 1:30 p.m. Field 1: Aussie Wave vs. BLBA Stone
- 1:30 p.m. Field 2: Southbelt .45s vs. Houston Warriors
After Saturday’s games, skills competitions will take place in the form of Home Run Derby, Race-the-Bases and Around-the-Horn team competitions.
- For the Home Run Derby competition, two competitors will be allowed to participate from each team, and each competitor will be required to provide their own BP thrower.
- In the Race-the-Bases competition, up to five competitors can participate from each team, and the player with the fastest time will be declared the winner.
- For the Around-the-Horn competition, teams of four will have a baseball and must make 2 consecutive laps of the baseball field in reverse order, starting at home plate. As with the Race-the-Bases competition, the team with the fastest time around the horn will be declared the winner.
The full list of skills competition rules, as well as prize information for all events can be found here here.
The competition schedule for Sunday July 31 is as follows:
- 9:00 a.m. Field 1: Seed #3 vs Seed #6
- 9:00 a.m. Field 2: Seed #4 vs Seed #5
- 11:00 a.m. Field 1: No. 1 seed vs. match winner No. 3 seed/No. 6 seed
- 11:00 Field 2: Seeded n°2 against match winner Seeded n°4/N°5
- 1:00 p.m. Field 1: winners of the 11:00 a.m. matches
All the details about the event as well as the schedule for the two days of competition are available on the event page. here.